École Mallaig School traces its roots back to 1920 as a one-room, grades one to eight school. It is situated in a francophone milieu and serves the communities of Mallaig, St. Lina, Goodridge, Therien and St. Vincent. Today, it is a dual track, ECS to Grade 12 school with an enrolment of 246, offering programs in Alternative French and in English, as well as religious education.
The school offers full academic programming as well as a variety of complementary courses. Students can earn credits in the areas of Career and Technology Studies (CTS), Off-Campus Education and Distance Learning, the Green Certificate Program, Registered Apprenticeship Program and Work Experience. Students are able to access Mathematics 31 through Video-Conferencing and a wide range of print courses through the St. Paul Alternate Education Centre. They also have access to a school counselor five days per week. The library is open to students and community members three evenings weekly.
The Junior/Senior High Student Councils and the Elementary Peer Support Team organize numerous activities to promote a healthy school spirit. In the athletic field, École Mallaig School offers a variety of intramural and team play settings. A variety of extracurricular activities is available to students throughout the year.
École Mallaig School prides itself on individual and group accomplishments, both academic and non-academic, achieved by its students and staff in a rich and positive learning environment.
The staff, students and community of Ecole Mallaig School are devoted to enabling all individuals to excel and to pursue the fulfillment of their aspirations within an environment where Christian values, bilingualism and the rights of all are respected.
Le personnel, les étudiants et la communauté de l’École Mallaig School se donnent comme mission d’encourager chaque individu à rechercher l’excellence et à poursuivre la réalization de ses aspirations dans un climat où les valeurs chrétiennes, le bilinguisme et les droits de tous sont respectés.
- Education respects and reflects linguistic, cultural, and religious diversity;
- Learning is life-long;
- Parents are the primary educators with support from the school and community;
- All educational decisions are learner-centered;
- Individuals learn best in a safe, supportive, and caring environment;
- All individuals have the right and responsibility to maximize their potential.
École Mallaig School will provide a learning climate that enables students to be responsible, caring, creative, self-reliant and contributing members of a knowledge-based, prosperous society. Its goals are:
- To improve individual student achievement in all subjects with an emphasis on mathematics, language arts, science, social studies, CTS/computer applications.
- To enhance the building of educational partnerships by providing parents/students greater opportunities to select programs of their choice and to increase parent/community involvement.
- To focus education on what students need to learn; to ensure that high standards are established, communicated, and achieved.
- To improve the coordinated delivery of educational services for special needs children.
- To improve teaching and the delivery of educational services in our schools.
- To ensure that our school is open and accountable.
- To ensure that our school provides for the cultural, linguistic, and religious diversity in our community.
- To ensure a safe and caring environment where everyone works together to better themselves, their peers, and their school community.
We would like to hear from you We would like to invite you as parents and community members to engage...
Bottle drive this weekend! We are excited to hold our first bottle drive of the year this Saturday...
Back to school wheels in motion The sun is still shining and there are many vacation days left,...